[Please note, the following topic has been locked - due to incorrect information provided. I have reason to believe this will only work on Samsung Wave S8500 Models - but only do this at your own risk, the forum is not held responsible if you end up bricking your phone. You have been warned.]
INSTALLING ANDROID ON WAVE
I know many of you have been looking for ways how to install android on wave.
The method i am going to tell you is the easiest understand and implement
so that anyone having basic knowledge of flashing could do it.
We are NOT responsible for any damage you make to your phone. You also shouldn't expect us to fully support it since it's still an alpha that changes every hour.
I will make an interactive step-by-step video tutorial which could possibly help you.
What works in this version
Market (including install)
Modem (not in this version yet)
What NOT works in this version
Sensors (This causes the battery charge bug]
Your phone + USB Cable
A Computer running windows or Linux(Ubuntu)*
Virtual-box (if not having Ubuntu) You are not allowed to view links.Register
A Ubuntu 11.04 CD http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/download
Bootfiles:http://www.mediafire.com/?kl29m9swgvikobb (for people with incompatible FW)
SBL.bin: You are not allowed to view links.Register
zImage: You are not allowed to view links.Register
MultiLoaderX_v5.65: You are not allowed to view links.Register
Android File System: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CI0QUBLY (There IS an zImage in the file, Do NOT USE IT, DELETE IT)
* You won't need the Ubuntu CD or vBox if you are using this.
WARNING: Flashing is NOT without risk. Do NOT do this if your haven't Flashed Ever THIS MIGHT BRICK YOUR PHONE.
Once you have everything mentioned above then proceed further
If you are having S8500XXJL2 firmware because i used that for Flashing
IF you are not having then download S525XXJL2 firmware: You are not allowed to view links.Register
Or you could any of the firmwares mentioned above
Flashing the BL and FOTA
1. Open up multiloader,
2. Select LSI and check full download
3. Click BOOT ,Select "BOOTFILES_EVTSF" folder(You get this folder after extracting S525XXJEE_BL.zip ) (do this only if you are having incompatible firmware)
4. Click FOTA, Select the FOTA you just downloaded.
5. Bring your phone to download mode. (When Switched off press Volume down key + Call End key + Lock Screen Key at the same time )
6. Click Port search,
7. Then click Download.
8. When done boot bada to make sure the phone works fine. If it does. Continue
Installing VB, Ubuntu
In this step i will discribe how to install VirtualBox and Ubuntu,
If you already done this Skip to step 3
1. Download VirtualBox from: You are not allowed to view links.Register
2. Install it. When installing i Suggest you download and burn/mount ubuntu if you haven't yet.You are not allowed to view links.Register
3. Make a new VM in VirtualBox. Jst follow the steps. If you have 4GB RAM I would recommend assigning 1GB to the VM
4. Install ubuntu on the VM. I'm not gonna explain how to do that, just follow the wizards.
Setting a user as root:
1) Run the terminal, clicking on the top left there is such a character in a circle and then type in the terminal and run click.
2) As a first command type "sudo su" (without quotes)
3) Then type "sudo passwd" (without the quotes).
4) Then type your password, which you have to remember.
5) Then click on the very top right character and select Logout or Restart
6) Then at the start up select Username: root Password: your password as you are obliged to enter the terminal (sudo passwd)
7) Ok now you're logged in as root.
Installing gParted and partitioning your card
For this step you should have your phone running in bada USB connected with Mass Storage mode.
1. In your Ubuntu VM go to ubuntu software centre. Search for gParted and click install
2. In the VM window you see the menu, Click Devices -> USB Devices -> Samsung Electronincs GT-S525Wave. This will connect the wave to ubuntu
3. Launch gParted and wait till it's done scanning. At the right top corner you'll see a drop-down box. This will list all seperate devices. In my case /dev/sdb was the SD Card. You'll just have to look which one os yours(See it according to your MEMORY CARD size)
Note: In this case i am assuming we're using the standard samsung 2GB SD card.
4. You found your card? Great, Now first format the partition(s) and then delete them all
5. Then (assuming you're having a 2gb card) Split the card in half (that mean make 2 equal sized partitions) the FIRST partition must be FAT32 the second MUST be ext2( always make EXT2 partition of size 1GB even if you are having 8GB card)
This part can ONLY be preformed on Ubuntu.
In this part we'll need the
a) galaxyboot files(make a folder named "galaxyboot" (without quotes) and the put sbl.bin and zImage file in that folder)
1.Log in as root on your ubuntu box if you haven't already.(if have performed Step 3 then you are root)
2.(re-)connect your wave so it mounts the partitions.
3. Open up the filesystem and move the CONTENTS of the filesystem folder to the root of the ext 2 partition.
4. Open up the internal memory of your wave and put the galaxyboot folder in there. In there you should have two files: zImage and sbl.bin
5.You can download this file You are not allowed to view links.Register
and copy it into an ext2 section to / System / usr / keylayout paste and replace the it
6. Now to operate Wi-Fi to download this app You are not allowed to view links.Register
and put it in / data / app /
7. Open up a terminal(Ctrl+Alt+T)
after opening Terminal type the following in the same order
After every command press enter
e)cd android (name of the Ext2 partition)
f)chmod -R 0777 ./*
Okay, now we're ready for first run. This does NOT mean we're done yet.
READ THIS ENTIRE STEP BEFORE STARTING
1. Remove the USB cable and shutdown bada
2. When shut down press the end call button and immediately after that you press the start call button. Release the end call button when the screen turns on
3. When you see the Samsung WAVE S525 screen release all the buttons.
Notice: It may take up to 5 minutes for first time boot. As long as the screen stays on everything is fine.
Notice2: In case your screen turns of remove the battery and double check everything you've done.
4.Booted up? Awesome. Pass the welcome wizard. Do NOT type in the keyboard part. This will freeze the phone.
5.You passed it? Great. Now you can continue
6. The phone will ask you which launcher to use. I don't car which one you use. I've always used TwLauncher. it's up to you
7. In order to let your keypad work normal Go to settings -> Text and Locale -> Samsung keypad -> Uncheck all
How to Start-up Wi-Fi
1) Go to settings WI-Fi settings press volume up key, go to advanced then tick Static IP and enter the details as above.
IP Address: When you connect to your Wi-Fi router to assign you an IP so you need to get into your router and see what kind of an IP router has assigned you an IP and here you enter there.
Gateway (Default Gateway): You'll find in Windows when you give information about the connection.
DNS1: You'll find in Windows when you give information about the connection.
DNS2: left blank
2) THEN we put down the Add access point to enter the SSID name of the Wi-Fi for which you want to join.
3) Turn off and turn on the Wi-Fi and connect to Wi-Fi as you're asked to enter the SSID.
This is it. Now your phone should function normally. If things go wrong for you do not hesistate to ask.